The Learning Center – CJ 1.419
The Learning Center has numerous resources available to students, faculty and staff, including:
- a Dubbing Room for the duplication of multiple media formats (audio and video)
- A complete selection of CD sound effects
- 8 OS X Apple computers with internet access
- An extensive video archive - a great source for file stock (ask staff for the complete video tape list)
The Learning Center is jointly funded and operated by the Department of Communication Studies and the Department of Journalism. Day-to-day operations are overseen by four graduate students in the Communication Studies department.
For more information or to pre-book equipment, phone the Learning Centre at (514) 848-2424 ext. 2544.
Monday to Thursday: 8:45 a.m – 4:45 p.m.
Friday: 8:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
A security pass is required (for studio/production/equipment, or for any other use of departmental facilities) during the hours we are not open – see below for details.
- Eating and drinking in the the Learning Center is strictly prohibited.
- Sound effect CDs can only be signed out when you have production time.
- Book Learning Center facilities (including studio keys) ahead of time to insure a space for you on the equipment.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes, you forfeit your booking to anyone waiting. If you take course readings, please ensure that they are handed-in the way you received them (i.e. all pages are in the correct order and stapled back together when you are finished with the course, or supplemental readings).
- For access to the building after-hours, please contact the appropriate Technical Instructor.
- Hand-in all your materials (keys, CDs, readings, etc.) no later than 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Thursday) or 12:30 p.m. (Friday) because Learning Center staff need at least 10 minutes to close.