The Learning Centre – CJ 1.419
The Learning Centre has numerous resources that are available to students, faculty and staff, including a Dubbing Room for the duplication of multiple media formats (audio and video). We also have a complete selection of CD sound effects and eight OS X Apple computers linked to the University network. All can access the internet and as a result, e-mail can be sent and received for those with web-based email accounts. Our video archive is extensive and a great source for file stock. Just ask one of us for the video tape list, it keeps growing every week.
Schedule / Hours
Monday to Thursday we are open 8h45 – 16h45, Friday from 8h45 – 12h45. A security pass is required (for studio/production/equipment, or for any other use of departmental facilities) during the hours we are not open – see below for details.
As in all our production facilities, eating and drinking in the Learning Center is strictly prohibited.
- Please only sign-out sound effect CDs when you have production time.
- Please book Learning Center facilities (including studio keys) ahead of time to insure a space for you on the equipment.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes, you forfeit your booking to anyone waiting. If you take course readings, please ensure that they are handed-in the way you received them (i.e. all pages are in the correct order and stapled back together when you are finished with the course, or supplemental readings).
- For access to the building after-hours, please contact the appropriate Technical Instructor.
- Please hand-in all your materials (keys, CDs, readings, etc.) no later than 16h30 (Monday – Thursday) or 12h30 (Friday) because Learning Centre staff need at least 10 minutes to close.