Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line. The Graduate Application form (including the Academic Assessment form), and additional instructions are available at:

A printable version of the Graduate Application form (including the Academic Assessment form) is available at:

Completed Applications can be:

Mailed to:Concordia UniversityGraduate Admissions Application Centre

P.O. Box 2002, Station H

Montreal, Quebec

Canada H3G 2V4

or Dropped off in person at:Birks Student Service CentreJ.W. McConnell Building, LB-185

1400 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West

Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M6

Mon – Thurs: 10h00 – 19h00

Fridays: 09h00 – 18h00


A Complete Application includes:

Please Note: Part-Time (PT) and Limited Term Appointment (LTA) professors are not eligible to supervise students.
  1. An Application Form and Fee submitted either online or to the drop-off/courier address above.
  2. Curriculum vitae (CV)
  3. A Letter of Intent

    • letter of intent should be approximately 5 pages, double-spaced
    • provide a brief overview of your undergraduate studies and what courses, professors, or scholarly work and theorists were the most influential and/or the most challenging
    • briefly detail the type of potential research (thesis or project) you would like to undertake
    • identify courses in our program which are of particular interest to you and professors you feel might support your research interests
    • detail any work experience (paid or voluntary) that is relevant to your application
  4. Writing Sample (e.g. a research paper or essay from a senior undergraduate course)
  5. Academic Assessment Forms with Reference Letters attached. Three completed forms with letters attached are required. The 2 page form is available online at: Referees need to return the form/letter to the address shown on the form.
  6. Official Transcript(s) of Studies
  7. Proof of Canadian Citizenship (if applicable). A legible photocopy of one of the following documents must be provided: Canadian birth certificate; Canadian citizenship card (both sides), permanent Resident paper (IMM-1000), or Permanent Resident card (both sides)
  8. Applicants whose prior degrees are not from an English or French-speaking university are required to submit TOEFL scores.